How does PlaSteel show customers commitment to quality and efficiency? One way is by being AS9100 Certified! AS9100 is the quality management standard, widely adopted and written specifically for the Aerospace industry. The Society of Automotive Engineers and the European Association of Aerospace Industries released it in October 1999. The current version of AS9100 is similar to the AS9000 but has some added requirements tailored to the aerospace industry.
“The choice between ISO 9000 or AS 9100 was paramount for us. The AS9100 framework created an environment that when followed properly gave us the means to manage even the smallest detail of how we process customer orders. The key for continued success within our company was to identify reasons for failure at any level, apply strict measures to correct each failure, document each one within our quality process and then review our progress weekly. As a company, we have developed a new passion for complete customer satisfaction” said the president and co-owner, Loyal Clausen.
Here is a list of added requirements:
- Configuration management
- Reliability, maintainability and safety
- Approval and review of subcontractor performance
- Verification of purchased product
- Product identification throughout the product’s life cycle
- Product documentation
- Control of production process changes
- Control of production equipment, tools and numerical control machine programmes
- Control of work performed outside the supplier’s facilities
- Special processes
- Inspection and testing procedures
- Methods, resources and recording
- Corrective action
- Expansion of the internal audit requirements in ISO 9001:2008
- First article inspection
- Servicing, including collecting and analyzing data, delivery, investigation and reporting and control of technical documentation
- Review of disposition of non conforming product
AS9100 certification, another reason to rely on PlaSteel AZ for plastic fabrication in the aerospace industry.