General Questions & Answers
1. What is your normal lead time?
Four to six weeks is our normal lead time, based on material availability. However in some cases lead times can be improved to meet your requirements. Please call our sales department for details.
2. Do you do Injection Molding?
Yes we do. We utilize our established partnerships to get cost plus pricing.
3. Do you extrude material?
We machine and fabricate complete parts from raw materials.
4. Do you machine metal parts?
We CNC machine aluminum, brass and bronze.
5. Do you do Prototype Machining?
We specialize in prototype parts. We have dedicated machines for prototypes for quick turn projects.
6. How long does it take to quote a job?
In most cases jobs are quoted on the same day or the following day. In some cases, material pricing or outside processing may require more time to be given.
7. Can I buy raw material shapes from PlaSteel?
We have 30 years of experience in the distribution of Raw Materials. Please contact us for sheet, tube, rod, film and near net shapes. We pass on cost savings for finished parts because we supply our own materials.
8. What type of material should I use for this application?
Please call our sales staff or fill out the material request data form under materials section and send it to us.
9. I am looking for general information about machining plastics, can you help?
If you are looking for information on having us machine a part for you we would be happy to help you; however if you need help machining your own application we will have limited information since our procedures are AS9100 outlined.
10. Can you assist with the assembly of our parts?
We can assist with light assembly. The complexity of the assembly will determine the man hours needed. Please call our sales department for pricing.
New Design and Invention Ideas – Answers
1. I have a plastic trash can that I need made can you help me?
In most cases a part like this would cost too much for a machine shop to produce. Your best bet would be to review your options in injection molding or vacuum forming or even off the shelf item.
2. I have a design that I need someone to machine for me but I don’t know the material or final concept. I plan on making several thousand parts once I complete the concept, can you help?
Yes we can assist. From prototype to production please contact our knowledgeable sales staff for assistance.
3. I have a rubber part that needs to be made. Can you help me with rubber materials?
PlaSteel works in soft metals and plastics. On some rare occasions we will work in other mediums upon our sales departments approval.
4. I don’t know if I should Injection Mold or Machine a part?
Please call us so that we can review your application and estimated usage for the part. This way we can determine the most economical way of producing your parts.